If your business has a Facebook listing, it’s really important to make sure your business can be found by searching. Recently, Facebook has completed a number of updates improving its search capabilities, and whilst 80% of all searches are still conducted on Google, Facebook searches are increasing every day.
The team at R6 Web Design™ have assembled a few tips to help you make sure your business listing in Facebook can be found by Facebook search.
- Make sure you use activation buttons. These buttons allow for you to add a website or ‘Contact Us’ function, even a link to your online store. Using these buttons is essential, it’s like SEO for Facebook.
- Fill in all the details. When you create a page, there are a number of fields that can be filled in, including a ‘long description’ and a ‘short description. Make sure this information is all filled out; the more information, the better!
- Check your location. Make sure your location information is accurate. You should include a map that highlights your business location. The recent updates to Facebook’s search capabilities have put an emphasis on locations, and businesses with a map to display are prioritised.
- Check your business profile. Make sure all of your details are correct, including opening and closing hours. You don’t want to miss out on business opportunities because your potential customers think you’re closed.
- Add more business categories. When you create a Facebook page, there’s only one option for categories. Once you’ve completed the page, go back and edit this field and you’ll be able to add additional categories. Additional categories can aid visibility for your product and service.
At R6 Web Design™, we see Facebook search as an emerging technology. Businesses that have a Facebook page should ensure all of their information is correct
Early adopters that prepare for the growth of Facebook’s search capabilities will be more visible to potential customers.
One of the most important factors in making Facebook search an effective tool is to make sure that your Facebook page is named correctly. Stuffing your Facebook page with keywords for your business is not effective content for viewers. Facebook uses keyword technology for searching for specific functions.
Lastly, make sure that you include your phone number and your address, as well as the url for your website.
These are the most important factors in making sure your business is optimised for Facebook search. If you’re unable to manage your businesses social media yourself, contact us to learn how we can help.